GOVERNORS CLUB RULES & REGULATIONS
These Rules and Regulations have been established to govern the use of the facilities provided at the Governors Club and to promote the health, safety, welfare and enjoyment of all persons using the Club facilities. It is the intent of management of the Governors Club to limit these Rules and Regulations to the minimum required for the enjoyment of the Club facilities by all members, designees, immediate family members and their guests. The obligations of enforcing these Rules and Regulations for the good of all users is placed primarily in the hands of a trained staff whose principal responsibility is to assure members of all the courtesies, comforts and services to which a member of the Governors Club is entitled. It is further the responsibility of the membership to be familiar with these Rules and Regulations and to abide by them at all times.
Membership in the Governors Club is by invitation only. Invitations are extended to prospective members by the Membership Committee or through sponsorship by two members. Upon approval by the Board of Governors and payment of the initiation fee in full, an individual member thereafter has full rights as a member.
- Junior Executive members are members who are under 35 years of age and who have been extended an invitation to join the Club but are allowed to pay their initiation fee over a period of time established by the Board of Governors. Upon payment in full of their initiation fee, Junior Executive members become Regular members.
- Legacy Members are for the children and grandchildren of current members who are in good standing. The first three hundred dollars is waived from the initiation fee. If the prospective member is joining as a Legacy Junior Executive, then the first year is waived. If the prospective member is joining as Legacy Regular Member then the full amount less the three hundred dollars due immediately.
- A member who wants to rejoin the Club who left in good standing must pay a maximum of 6 months dues.
- All memberships in the Governors Club are individual. There are no corporate business memberships. Business associates, professional partners, or individuals who are otherwise related to or affiliated with an individual member do not have Club privileges.
- A spouse of an individual member may use the Club at all times in the same manner as the named individual member subject to all provisions of the House Rules. Children of a member may use the Club but such privilege shall expire at age 25. Prior arrangements with the Club by a parent member will be required for Club use by children.
- A spouse may opt for a membership in the event of a divorce upon application and approval. A $250 fee is required to set up a separate account.
- The affairs of the Club are managed by a Board of Governors elected by the membership. The Board may fine, suspend, or expel members for willful infractions of the House Rules or the By Laws, or for any acts or conduct that it deems disorderly, injurious or hostile to the best interests of the Club.
GENERAL CLUB RULES
- The days and hours of operation of all Club facilities and the services provided will be established by the Board considering the season of the year and other circumstances. Use of the Club facilities is only available during operating hours. Facilities will be closed from time to time for maintenance, repairs and other purposes deemed appropriate.
- Members, designees, reciprocal guests, immediate family members and their guests use the facilities provided at the Club at their own risk.
- Members, designees, reciprocal guests, immediate family members and their guests must abide by all rules established by the Club as they maybe amended from time to time, and members and designees are responsible for ensuring that their immediate family members and guests comply with all rules of the Club.
- Reciprocal guests and non-sponsored guests will incur a $20 per visit guest usage fee.
- No member or designee or group of members and/acting in concert shall allow the same guest to frequently use the Club Facilities as a substitute for membership. All guests must be accompanied by a member of the Club; however, by prior arrangement with the Club Membership Director, a member may request that a guest use the Club facilities without the member being present, no more than twice in a calendar quarter. All guests’ charges will be billed to the member’s account unless arrangements are made in advance for the guest to use a credit card.
- Proper attire, decorum and consideration of the comfort of others must be observed at all times.
- Members, designees, reciprocal guests, and immediate family members are not allowed in any service or restricted areas of the Club facilities Without the approval of the Club Manager.
- Dogs and other pets, with the exception of guide dogs, are not permitted on the Club facilities without the prior approval of the Club Manager. If permitted in the Club facilities, such dogs or other pets must remain on a leash at all times. Members and designees are responsible for any damage caused by a dog or other pet owned by the member or designee or under the member’s or designee’s control. Pets are permitted on the Patio.
- All food and beverage consumed in the Club must be purchased at the Club and outside catering is not permitted, unless otherwise permitted in writing by the Club Manager. Employees are not permitted to deliver food or beverages of any kind to locations away from the immediate area where sold, unless permitted by the Club Manager.
- Members, designees, reciprocal guests, immediate family members and their guests may not supervise, give direction to, reprimand or abuse any of the Club’s employees, verbally or otherwise. Verbal or physical abuse or harassment of employees will not be tolerated. All employees of the Club are under the supervision of the Club Manager and no member, designee, immediate family member or guest shall reprimand or discipline any employee, request an employee to perform personal tasks while on duty at the Club, send any employee off Club property for any reason or request the personal use of the Club’s furnishings or equipment which are not ordinarily available for use by members. Any employee not rendering courteous and prompt service should be reported to the Club Manager immediately. All such reports will be given prompt attention.
- Advertisements in any form, and solicitation of any kind, are prohibited on the Club facilities and shall not be posted or circulated on Club property without the prior written approval of the Club Manager.
- Petitions may be originated, solicited, circulated or posted on the Club property only with the prior written approval of the Club Manager. There shall be no solicitation in the name of, or on behalf of, the Club nor shall the name or logo of the Club be used for any purpose, without the prior written approval of the Club Manager.
- Loud or offensive language is not tolerated at anytime.
- No firearms or other weapons of any kind are permitted on the Club property at any time unless carried by Law Enforcement Personnel in the line of duty.
- To facilitate the proper management of Club property, all complaints, criticisms or suggestions relating to the operation of Club properties must be addressed to the Club Manager.
- Unauthorized release of the Club’s membership roster by a member is a serious breach of Club policy. Violations will be reviewed by the Club and may result in the suspension or termination of membership or other appropriate disciplinary action.
- Absolutely no fireworks are permitted anywhere on Club Property unless part of a fireworks exhibit organized and conducted by the Club.
- No performance by entertainers is permitted on Club property unless approved by the Club Manager.
- Use of any portion of the Club facilities may be restricted or reserved by the Club and not available for use by members.
- Appropriate dress in good taste is required at all times for Members and their guests.
- Service shall not be available to male guests over the age of 12 in the Main Dining Room at any hour nor elsewhere on the Second Floor after 6:00 p.m. unless a jacket is worn, with the exception of the balcony which is casual. The requirement for a jacket is waived between Memorial Day and Labor Day, or special functions.
- Casual attire shall be permitted in the Grille, Dining Room, Balcony and Lounge; however such attire must be within the bounds of proper dress and fashion. Dress shorts are permitted during the months of April through November.
- The wearing of shorts, tank tops or ‘flip flops’ shall be considered inappropriate attire in any of the Club’s facilities.
- Reservations for the Main Dining Room and Balcony are encouraged and should be made whenever possible. Reservations in the Main Dining Room and Balcony will be held for 15 minutes past the appointed time and then released if the Member has not arrived or called to reaffirm and extend the reservation.
- Reservations are available, but not required for service in the Grille. Reservations will be held for 15 minutes past the appointed time and then released if the Member has not arrived or called to reaffirm and extend the reservation. Reservations for Grille dining normally will not be accepted more than 7 days in advance.
PRIVATE DINING ROOMS
- Reservations for private dining functions can be arranged through the Club’s Catering Director.
- A menu tailored to the needs of the party will be contracted in advance. Dining a la carte is generally not available for groups of more than thirteen.
- Members reserving a private room for á la carte dining (when a menu is not set in advance), will be charged a per-person fee if all or a portion of the party fails to show, or cancels within two hours of scheduled arrival.
- All of the Club’s dining rooms are normally available for private parties. Members using a private room will be charged a room fee.
- Smoking in the Club is prohibited.
- Smoking is allowed on the Balcony and Patio. Smoking is allowed in the Lounge after 7 p.m.
- Cellphones should be placed on vibrate or on silent when in the Club.
- The Club management reserves the right to deny service of alcoholic beverages to any person at any time.
- No employee of the Club or any member, or a guest of a member shall cause to be served to any person under the legal drinking age, any alcoholic beverages. Members permitting or allowing the consumption of alcoholic beverages by under age persons in the Club may be subject to termination of service, asked to leave as well as possible discipline by the Board of Governors. Such penalties shall include, but not be limited to, the assessment on a monthly bill of any fines or penalties imposed by a state, county or city authority in case of such violations.
- All persons being served alcoholic beverages whether they are a member or the guest of a member shall have appropriate identification which indicates that they are of the legal drinking age. All employees are permitted to request identification of any person.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be removed from the Club in any manner or at any time.
- The manager or person in charge at the time of any incident may take any reasonable measures necessary to insure full compliance with the beverage laws of this state, and the membership acknowledges that protecting a valuable license to serve alcoholic beverages as a convenience and service to the Club members is of utmost importance.
- A service charge, as established by the Board of Governors, shall be added to all restaurant and bar checks. Tips are not permitted under any circumstances, except for valet parking or the hospitality host.
- All restaurant and bar checks shall be signed with the member’s signature and membership number. No cash shall be received in payment of any restaurant or bar checks.
- Valet parking is provided as a service to the members through an independent contractor and is available during normal Club hours of operation, or as otherwise determined by the Club’s management. Since the parking operation is not affiliated with the Club, parking attendants may receive cash gratuities. The Club assumes no responsibility for articles left in cars turned over to attendants, or for any damage to a vehicle while in the custody or control of the parking contractor.
PUBLICITY AND NEWS MEDIA
- The Club’s quarters and premises shall not be used for a general public function without prior written Board approval. Functions held at the Governors Club must be by personal invitation only. Ticket sales or solicitation for ticket sales for an event held at the Club are not allowed and will result in cancellation of the function.
- Members of the press shall only be permitted to the specific location of the private event. The host member is responsible for ensuring that the members of the press do not access other areas of the Club or infringe on other members privacy.
- Use of photographic and recording equipment is permitted in private dining rooms within the bounds of good taste and in a manner that does not disturb other guests. Prior approval for the use of such equipment is required from Management.
- Club Members shall not generate publicity about the Club unless specifically authorized by the Board.
- The manager and staff are expressly forbidden to disclose to any nonmember, directly or indirectly, the identity of any member of the Club unless authorized by the Board.
- Each member will be billed by the administrative office of the Governors Club, no later than the first working day of each month.
- Each member will be sent a billing statement for any unpaid balance thirty days after the first billing date. A finance charge of 1.5% will be added to the amount carried over from the previous statement.
- When the past due portion, including finance charges, has not been paid by the 53rd day following the first billing date, the member is considered financially delinquent. The Club shall notify the member by mail that Club privileges will be suspended unless full payment of the member’s account is received or postmarked within 7 days of notification. Any such suspension shall last until the account is paid in full.
- Seven days prior to the 90th day the account has remained unpaid, a certified letter from the Club’s General Manager/Chief Operating Officer will notify the member that suspension from the Club will result if payment of the total balance is not postmarked by the 90th day.
- Members may pay with credit card at the point of sale or monthly. The Board may require payment by credit card for members who are frequently delinquent.
REINSTATEMENT OF MEMBERSHIP
- Any former Club member who chose to resign, non-renew or go inactive while in good standing, may rejoin upon payment of one-half of the current initiation fee.
- Any member who has had their membership suspended or revoked as a result of disciplinary action including financial delinquency, may be reinstated upon payment of any outstanding debts, payment of back dues not to exceed 6 months and approval of the Board.
- Any member that has been reinstated after suspension or revocation as a result of financial delinquency may be subject to permanent revocation if their account becomes more than 60 days past due.
In keeping with the Club’s commitment to provide a work environment free of discrimination, the Club maintains a strict policy prohibiting harassment and discrimination, including sexual harassment. This policy applies to all Club Members as well as employees. Furthermore, it prohibits harassment and discrimination in any form, including verbal and physical.
Sexual harassment includes, but is not limited to, making unwanted sexual advances and requests for sexual favors where either (1) submission to such conduct by an individual is used as the basis for employment decisions affecting such individual; or (2) such conduct has the propose or effect of interfering with an individuals work performance or creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive work environment.
Employees who violate this policy are subject to discipline, including, but not limited to, suspension or termination. Club members who violate this policy are subject to expulsion from the Club, or such other action as the board of Directors deems appropriate.
- Membership privileges and/or use privileges of any member, designee, immediate family member or guest may be suspended or terminated by the Club or such other disciplinary action may be taken which is deemed appropriate by the Club, including but not limited to, the imposition of a fine, if, in the sole judgment of the Club, the member, designee, immediate family member or guest:
- Submits false information on the Application for Membership Privileges or Application for Use Privileges, which if had been truthfully disclosed, would have rendered the applicant ineligible for membership/use privileges;
- Permits the unauthorized use of a member’s or designee’s membership/use card or account;
- Exhibits unsatisfactory behavior, deportment or appearance or acts in any other manner determined by the Board not to be in the best interest of the Club or its members;
- Fails to pay the membership fee, club fees or any other amount owed to the Club in a proper and timely manner or habitually fails to pay the club fees or any other amount owed to the Club in a timely manner;
- Fails to abide by these Rules and Regulations established for use of the Club Facilities, as may be amended from time to time;
- Treats the personnel or employees of the Club in an unreasonable or abusive manner including sexual harassment or;
- Engages in conduct that is improper or likely to endanger the welfare, safety, harmony or reputation of the Club or its members.
- The Club has determined that the following process relating to the suspension or termination of a membership or use privileges at the Club is fair and reasonable and shall be carried out in good faith. The member, designee, immediate family member or guest shall be notified of any proposed disciplinary action and shall be given an opportunity to be heard by the Club (either in writing or in person) to show cause why the individual should not be disciplined in accordance with these rules. A member or designee may also be subject to discipline for the actions of his/her immediate family members and guests. If the individual desires to be heard, they must provide a written request for a hearing to the Club Manager. The hearing shall be held before such individuals (who may or may not be member at the Club) as may be designated by the Board.
- Management personnel of the Club have full authority to enforce these Rules and Regulations and any infractions will be reported to the Club Manager and where appropriate the Club Board.
- The Club reserves the right to amend these Rules and Regulations as it deems appropriate from time to time. All amendments to these Rules and Regulations shall be approved by the Board of Governors in advance and will be effective when mailed to members.