The Governors Club was founded on certain principles. Chief among them were providing a comfortable and elegant environment for social and business gatherings, serving excellent food and offering outstanding service. In this spirit, organizers of the Club established a Board of Governors to guide its management and provide dedicated stewardship of its resources. These principles have sustained since the organizers voted to create the Club on December 16, 1980. Two years later, the Club opened it’s doors in it’s stately building that has become an esteemed locale for Tallahasseans and many of Florida’s leading professionals. Housed in the beautifully refurbished building that many Tallahasseans remember as the Odd Fellows Lodge, the Club is located one block from the State Capitol, in the historic heart of downtown Tallahassee.
The original Odd Fellows Lodge was built in 1926 and consisted of two floors, with the ground floor used for retail shops. During the construction of the main Club in 1982 an elegant third floor with several private meeting rooms was added, and in 1992, two of the retail shops were combined to form the Governors Club Grille. In late 1996, a beautiful covered balcony was added, providing an additional 1,800 square feet overlooking Adams Street and College Avenue. In 2006, we opened the Governors Club Lounge,which has been a popular addition to the Club and an attractive venue for after hours meetings and get togethers. In 2017 we opened the The Patio on the corner of College Avenue and Adams Street, underneath the stately Magnolia Tree. This space offers our Members a fantastic space to dine and enjoy cocktails.